Thursday, March 6, 2008

Credit Scores

Sometime I wonder how much I should disclose on a public blog. I always come to the conclusion that I want to be as specific as I can about my financial situation but shouldn't give too much of my identity away. So in that vein....let me post about my credit score.

Feb. 2007 = 620
Feb. 2008 = 692

I think that's a positive sign. I know the scores go up to 800. So I feel like a 72 point jump in one year is great. Regular on-time payments to my mortgage probably really helped. I didn't have a balance on my credit card for the 8 months out of the year. I'm not sure if getting rid of a car loan that wasn't mine helped or not. But regardless for the time being, I am happy with this for now. These good vibes will motivate me in the future when it's the end of the month a.k.a. bill-paying-time.

No comments: